kisan Vikas Patra (KVP)
Individual age above 18 years, minor
How to open
at the post office only
Investment Limit Per Year
1000 to No upper limit (but above 10 lakhs Income proofs required ex: ITR, salary slip, etc)
after 2.5 years
Maturity / Lock-in Period
9 years & 4 months (112 months). based on interest rate
Application form pdf
person to person & post office to post office
Kisan Vikas Patra Eligibility:
This Scheme not only for farmers (earlier designed for formers) but its applicable for everyone. every citizen of India 18+ years. but not for NRI & HUF.
- Loadn facility again KVP
- Nomination faciity
- Double your money in long term investment
- you can buy certificates of 100, 500, 1000, 5000, 10,000 and 50,000 & multiples of 50k like that.
- Capital Protection & appreciation
- Guaranteed Returns backed by the government.
How to Purchase KVP Certificates?
Visit any nearest post office along with amount/cheque. for 50000 above instment pan card compulsory. income proofs required if you invest more than 10 lakhs.
KVP Interest rate rates
Note: Intrest rates adjust every quarter depending on inflation rates.
Interest added/compounded annually not quarterly like bank FD.
Q2 FY 2019-20
Q1 FY 2019-20
Q4 FY 2018-19
Q3 FY 2018-19
Q2 FY 2018-19
Q1 FY 2018-19
KVP Maturity Calculations
7.7% double in 112 months
18 July 2028
Section 80C Not applicable,
No TDS by Post office for KVP & other schemes too.
Comparison kvp vs ppf vs nsc vs scss vs mis vs fd
- NSC: 5 years term with section 80c applicable interest rate 7%* ETE >>
- FD: 5 years with low-interest rate 6-7% TDS and No tax benefits. ETE
- POMIS: Its pension scheme invests lumpsum get monthly income for 4.5 lakh you get 2888 month.
- KVP: 10 years lumpsum capital appreciation @ rate 7.7* tax status
- SCSS: Senior Citizen Saving scheme Its also Pension scheme, invest lumpsum get quarterly payment @7%* ETE
- PPF: 15 years monthly annual contribution at 7%* Tax-free EEE
- NPS: Retirement pension scheme up to 60 Years Age. interest rate Market condition of stocks Tax-free EEE
Note: for tax purose please verify with CA it’s maybe confusing you.
E= Exemption for tax
EEE/ EET/ ETE/TEE /TTE / TET = Investment, accumulated interest, withdrawal.