Unified portal login registration and uan number activation for downloading uan passbook, initiate pf transfer, withdrawal request, update address mobile number on the unified member portal.
The idea of Universal Account Number or UAN has brought in a great change in the working of EPFO. It links various and multiple EPF numbers of a person to a single UAN number. But just knowing what is UAN number won’t help, so we are even focusing on UAN registration and UAN activation. Follow the article carefully because we bring all the necessary information regarding UAN.
What is Universal Account Number or UAN?
Universal Account Number or UAN is a 12-digit number which minimizes the role of an employer. It is provided by the Employment Provident Fund Organisation to the Employee Provident Fund members.
UAN helps an EPF member in various ways but it has possibly cut down the issue of transfer of funds from one account to another.
Benefits of Universal Account Number
Earlier the EPF members had a PF account number which was associated with the employer. Whenever an employee changed his/her job another provident fund number was provided. Transfer of funds from one account to another has been the major grievance of every other employee. In order to curb this problem out, Employee Provident Fund Organisation launched UAN in Oct 2014, which acts as a single window through which all the deals can be made. The major improvements by EPFO with the introduction of UAN are:
- No problem of Fund Transfer: The major problem before the launch of UAN was the transfer of fund from one account to another. This process involved various works either in digital or physical form. Well, Universal Account Number has possibly cut off this issue. All an employee to do is provide his UAN and KYC details to the employer. After the verification, the funds from the old account will be transferred to the new one automatically. But for accounts opened before the launch of UAN, one needs to apply for fund transfer in the old process.
- Monthly SMS alerts: Another great feature of UAN is the SMS alert that you receive whenever you or your employer contribute to the EPF account. It is similar to the SMS alerts that you receive when your bank account is debited or credited.
- withdraw pf without Employer signature
- : No employee need to run hard for his fund transfer. All requests for withdrawals is to be signed by the previous employer of the employee and thus is sent to the EPFO. Once your KYC details are verified by your present employer, your transfer request will automatically be accepted and the fund gets transferred to your new account.
- Best Utility of Schemes like Employee pension: Earlier, individuals preferred to withdraw their money instead of keeping it in the account due to the difficult procedure that they had to go through for funds transfer. This in order also reduces the pension that they would have received in the end. But with the introduction of UAN, individuals don’t take a load of withdrawal rather they feel safe to keep their money in the account thus leading to the better employee pension scheme.
Steps for UAN Registration/UAN Activation
Follow the steps carefully for UAN registration or UAN activation. Make sure you follow the steps carefully otherwise you won’t be able to activate your UAN.
- After receiving the Universal Account Number or UAN, you have to visit the official website of EPFO at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/. Make sure you do receive a UAN because, without it, it is useless to open the official site of EPFO.
- Once you open the official website, you will see a link mentioning “Activate UAN” on the right side bottom of the page. Now, you need to enter the details asked for and click on “Get Authorisation PIN”. The details required will be:
- Universal Account Number
- Member ID
- Aadhaar Card Number
- Pan Card Number
- Your Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email ID
- Captcha same as mentioned in the photo
- After filling up all the details, you will receive an authorization PIN on your mobile number, you have provided. Enter the authorization pin and click on the “Submit” button.
- You can now create your password for your login account. However, the username for your account will be the UAN itself. With this, you complete your UAN registration or UAN activation.
You and other EPF members should make sure that they record the username and password carefully as it will be required by them further in the near future. Always remember that your UAN will be your user ID. In case, you forget your password, you can recover it by using your UAN number. Just mention your UAN number and click on “forget your password”. This will send a pin on your mobile number or your email id using which you can reset your password.
Member ID and Universal Account Number
Well, many of you make the blunder of believing the member ID and the UAN to be the same. But it isn’t so, they two are different from each other. You may have a various member ID, but there is only one UAN number for every individual. UAN maintains your all different member ID and every new member ID issued by the employer is to be linked with the UAN.
Hope this article helped you with the problem of UAN registration and UAN activation. In case you need any other help regarding any official topic, feel free to mention it below in the comment section.
Unified uan portal services
- Automatic PF Transfer with Aadhaar Number
- No employer requirement in pf withdrawal
- Update new Address on epfo unified members Portal.
- Change Mobile Number and Email with uan portal login and much more.
Know your uan number status
- Check uan number status at newly unified portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Click on the Know your UAN then you will be landed on the uan status form. Check this image.
- Enter one of below details Member id also known as pf number or PAN number else enter the Aadhaar number.
- Name, DOB, Email; Phone verify then you will get the uan number details by SMS.
Check the detailed information at uan status page.
Activate uan number at the unified portal
Once you know the uan number of epfo, Then you have to enable the registration with uan portal for epfo uan login.
- For this, every epfo members have to visit the uan portal activate uan based login for availing services by the epfo portal.
- You can enter pf number or uan number PAN, and Aadhaar Number details automatically retrieve from the epfo database.
- Enter the email id, phone number and name fill the captcha verify the number.
- uan activation part 2 is setting the password for uan portal login.
- Finish uan registration by login into unified uan portal today.
Step by step detailed instructions available on uan activation page.
Check epf balance at Unified member portal
we may already know there are 7+ possible ways to check epf balance online. But why uan members do uan login for checking the pf balance online. Because uan portal provides bundled service for epfo members including updating KYC data, file a pf transfer or withdrawal request, etc. Anyway, if you want to download the uan passbook to know the epf balance, just log into uan portal on the desktop click on view Passbook option.
How to do epfo uan login at the unified portal?
Visit the unified portal member interface and enter the uan number and your password. uan password was the one when you created while activating the uan login registration. If you forgot the uan password, you could reset on the portal with the help of registered mobile number.
In case the mobile number changed and forgot the password. Then members have to contact the uan helpdesk portal. And create a support ticket for that. withing few days your problem may solve for more on this page uan helpdesk portal.
uan login with uan number and password is possible not with pf number or member id,
epfo Scheme epfo online portal services log in register uan
Member Passbook Facility service
EPFO also providing epf member passbook facility, this service use at any time to check your pf balance, and download passbook facility also available in this service.
Open EPFO portal and click the above services, navigate to click employee’s service. After open service menu of an epfo portal. Then bellow text Member passbook click to open the new window, now enter 12 digits of UAN no and the password click login button, check the balance and download passbook and check transaction details.
PF Benefits to the employees
- Insurance benefits
- Special occasions
- Education need
- Marriage goals
- Buy a dream house
- Medical emergency and much more.
These are bellow services providing by EPFO
- UAN Services (member)
- uan Passbook detail of member services.
- Claims portal and online transfer services.
- Know your claim status
- EPFiGMS (Register your Grievance)
- COC fillable application form
- And also provide pensioner’s portal
UAN Helpdesk (reset UAN password, KYC update)
UAN KYC update:-
KYC required documents:-
- Aadhaar card.
- Bank account number.
- Permanent account number.
- Driving license.
- Ration card.
- Election ID.
- National population register.
PF withdrawal eligibility & tax: After six months with tax by 10% without PAN 20% without PAN but if your pf limited below to 50,000 then no tax levied on the pf. After five years no tax.
How to withdraw pf amount from the previous company online?
Check the epfo services for the employee here.
- Visit the member claim portal AKA epfo OTCP online claim transfer portal. http://www.epfindia.com/
- check eligibility if you eligible fill the
- Uan number pf account details
- pan card
- bank account details (IfSC, account number and member name exactly as in the pf account name)
- to credit pf money to the bank. finally, click on submit.
- note down the claim id it helps to check at pf claim status on the epfo portal.
uan activation uan registration / generation /status for unified portal login
visit New Unified uan Portal and click on Know Yor UAN status.
- Enter Your Pf Number or
- Aadharr number or
- Pan card Number to Know UAn Number.
along with PAN, UID, pf Number Pf account details also required these Like
- (Member name,
- Mobile Number,
- (May also required father /husband Name)).
- confirm the Mobile Number(by OTP) to View Your UAN Number.
- In case of a forgotten mobile number, you can Update Mobile number with epfo online.
Top 3+ facts about UANActivation
- UAN activation process also includes Includes UAn Member portal registration. we can call this also as UAN Registration.
- We can activate UAN Member Portal registration without Knowing UAN Number. Only Aadhaar, Pan, Pf Number required.
- Nowadays days Without UAN Number we cannot check epf balance by pf number and Pf transfer and withdraw etc.
Requirements for UAN registration & UAN activation status
Part 1 Pf account details:
- Aadhaar Number
- Pan card Number
- Pf Number (in case of checking UAN Number status (it means knowing UAN Number))
- UAN Number (if you already Know the UAN then you have to Provide this).
Note: Only one of the above among 4 required to Activate the UAN registration along with below mandatory details.
Part 2 basic Details:
- EPF Member name
- Mobile Number
- date of Birth
- email (optional )
(These are mandatory and must match with the Pf account details).
Lest coming to the activation process
- visit UAN Unified mem Portal,
- Look at right side Login form at the bottom of uan login form. you will see. 2 Options.
- Activate your UAN and Know Your UAN STATUS.
- Select activate UAN,
- enter the details above and click on Authorize after entering the captcha.
- An OTP will send to your mobile confirm the same.
- In case of Mobile Number not update or forget you can update on the Page.
- For that process, just click forgot uan password.
Copy UAN Number and set a Strong password. wait for up to 6 Hours to download the epf passbook to know the epf balance.
/* don’t read full details below above is enough for UAn activation and UAN Status.
UAN activation By Sending Mobile SMS:
Now it has another method to activate the UAN via mobile, which brings out the additional comfort and saves the time of the user. Almost every people have a Smartphone with the support of internet connection, so they have to send SMS to the uan toll-free number for uan activation.
From your mobile, the user has to type SMS as an EPFOHO ACT, space 12-digit UAN number, space 22 digits MemberID and send to 7738299899.
Then you will get the message in your mobile done successfully. In the case of any further doubt to activate such the UAN account through SMS, you can find out video link, which provides details solution. Hence, the client can simple to follow and meet better result.
The advantage of UAN activation Number:
- Once complete UAN activation, the employee can log in to the uan portal at any time
- It allows the employee to download the passbook via UAN portal
- The passbook has filled with all updated information about the EPF balance.
- with uan activation member can check pf balance by missed call or through SMS.
- It helps to upload KYC Online
- PF withdrawal, pf transfer request can be made online and will be settled very quickly.