If any mistakes in the passport or Not even if any mistake many has to change it after divorce or has to renew it on its expiry. Moreover, you can apply for passport correction only when your passport is valid. You can rectify any of the mistakes by visiting your nearest Passport Seva Kendra. In order to complete the procedure properly, make sure you provide all the required documents as mentioned on the Online Passport Seva Portal.
Passport Correction Procedure
docuements required for correction
- BLS Order form
- passport along with a clean photocopy signed
- id/address proof with a driving license, like power bills, gas bills or water bills.
- Passport sized photos – 3.
Steps to be followed for Passport Correction
- Visit the official website of Passport Seva Online Portal at www.passportindia.gov.in
- Create or register for a login Id. If you have one just log in using it.
- Click on the option “Reissue of Passport ”.
- correct & upload documents to change your DOB or address or the surname in the passport.
- Complete the payment procedure after uploading all the documents.
- Print your payment receipt and appointment letter and visit the Passport Seva Kendra on the exact date as mentioned in the appointment letter.
If anyone fails to visit Passport Seva Kendra on the date prescribed, he/she has to reissue for another appointment date within 90 days of the payment.